Taxi Travel And The Coronavirus
Drivers And Taxis During The Coronavirus | Taxi Service Flintshire 01244 43 23 54 | Book Now!
Taxi and Minibus Services
BE AWARE: Coronavirus has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation. Therefore the Easy Corporate Travel team is taking recommended precautions, albeit the company is remaining in place to offer a Private Hire Taxi service for key workers, and individuals looking to commute to and from their place of work, individuals who would be unable to commute without the use of Private Hire Taxi services within the community of Flintshire.
SO – Should taxi drivers be working during coronavirus?
Following guidelines administered by Government, Private Hire Taxi drivers, and for that matter all TAXI Drivers and Chauffeurs, are permitted to carry fares as normal during the coronavirus outbreak, but as a company, Easy Corporate Travel has limited passenger numbers to 2(TWO) per journey – (*Standard 4 Seater Car).
As you may be aware it is impossible to follow social distancing rules while driving a taxi, so the company has imposed this ruling, in an effort to protect all drivers.
Are Drivers at Risk?
The team at Easy Corporate Travel understands that Taxi Drivers are at risk of catching COVID-19, due to the confines of social distancing in a Private Hire Taxi and the pure nature of the job at hand.
You never know who you are picking up when taking a fare.
The job performed by our Drivers, within the community is to make sure, they provide a friendly, safe, and professional service at all times.
Guidelines For Drivers of Private Hire Taxis:
Guidelines for drivers, states that it is important to take precautions to protect yourself, your loved ones and the public so any passenger utilising the services of Easy Corporate Travel MUST travel in the rear seat of the vehicle.
Taxi Fares Card OR Cash:
There are no precise recommendations by the government OR for that fact any other organisation, that has been set in stone regarding the payment of taxi fares within the community of Flintshire. With this in mind and an ongoing acknowledgment concerning the safety of Drivers, Easy Corporate Travel has been careful to provide and implement Card Payment facilities in all vehicles and although cash payments are still being accepted during COVID-19 the Company is advising service users to pay by Card where possible, minimising risks of COVID-19 transmission.
Advice for Private Hire Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs to follow:-
- Try to stay socially isolate, so passengers should always sit in the back of your vehicle.
- Let passengers handle their own bags and belongings whenever possible.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of it safely straight away.
- Use disinfectant or antibacterial wipes on seatbelts and door handles between fares.
- Accept card payments and pre-payments, so you’re handling cash as rarely as possible.
- Please don’t touch your face until you have used an antibacterial sanitiser.
- Keep an antibacterial sanitiser gel in your taxi, so you can wash your hands frequently.
- Never work if you have new symptoms, such as a continuous cough or high temperature.
- If you are collecting passengers from airports or train stations, it is worth checking the travel destinations of potential passengers to protect yourself from any possible infection.
For more information, read the latest full Government advice.